Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, iPods are allowed on the course but we do ask that if you are using one that you keep the volume at a level where you can hear instructions from volunteers and police. Additionally, the streets are open to traffic.
2. I’ve already registered by will not be able to participate, can I get a refund or defer until next year?
Unfortunately we are not able to process refunds. You can defer until next year but deferring only secures a place for you in the race, it does not include the registration fee. If you choose to defer, you will still have to pay for registration next year. Additionally, we are unable to transfer your registration to another event.
3. Will there be water/refueling stations along the course?
Yes, there will be water and gatorade along the course. They will be placed approximately every 2 miles. Additionally there will be a gel station at Mile 16.
4. Will there be porta potties along the course?
Yes, there will be porta potties located throughout the course.
5. Is there a time limit for the marathon?
Yes, the course will be open for 6 hours. All participants need to be able to finish the course by 2:00 pm. If you feel you will need more than 6 hours, please register for the early start.
6. Can my dog run with me?
No, unfortunately we can not allow dogs to run alongside participants of either the marathon or marathon relay unless it is a service animal. If you are participating and require the use of a service animal we will need to know this when you register.
7. Can I participate in either event with a running stroller?
Unfortunately running strollers are not allowed in either event.
8. I have family members that would like to come watch the start – how can they do that since the shuttle busses are for runners only?
Your family members and friends are welcome to drive themselves to watch the start.
9. Where is a good place along the course for my family and friends to watch the race from?
Have family and friends that want to watch you along the course??? There are plenty of spectating options available from start to finish. There are some areas of the course that will be closed to vehicles so we ask that all spectators follow the directions provided for the relay vehicles on the relay tab while in the State Forest then follow the directions for #3 and #4 below.